Prom season is here and if we’re being honest, it can be pretty stressful. Finding the right dress, securing a date or a group to go with, hair, makeup, and nails, it might seem that the list of preparations is never ending. But do not fear! Our team at Salon Adrian is here to help! Follow our prom beauty checklist to ensure that the one thing you don’t have to worry about is looking your best.
- Two months ‘til prom: book hair and makeup appointments
- Schedule your appointments far in advance to ensure availability. Use the time leading up to your appointment to look for inspiration, bring pictures to show to your stylist and makeup artist!
- Two weeks ‘til prom: Prep your smile to be picture perfect
- Let’s be honest, who doesn’t want pearly whites. Start using products to help whiten your teeth. At home products such as whitening strips work great without the cost of a whitening appointment. Natural methods more your style? Try out natural whitening options, like incorporating brushing your teeth with activated charcoal!
- Almost a week ‘til prom: Skincare Skincare Skincare
- If you can, indulge on a facial. If not, focus on skincare. Don’t stray too far from your normal routine because this can trigger a breakout. Moisturize to achieve supple skin and use your favorite facemask to nourish your skin.
- One week ‘til prom: All about the brows
- Pluck, tweeze, thread, wax them into perfection. Waiting until the week before will allow your skin to heal from your desired hair removal method, but is close enough for regrowth to not be a problem.
- Eve/Day of Prom: Mani/Pedi
- Avoid potential chipping, fading, or warping of your nails and leave your mani/pedi for last. You can choose a nail salon, or to do your nails yourself at home.
- Day of Prom: Watch as everything falls into place
- Your smile is set, your skin glowing, and you don’t have to stress about your hair and makeup appointments because you know exactly what you want. Remember, this is your day. Have fun!